- Notulae Scientia Biologicae
- Horticulture and Forestry Society from Transylvania - SHST
Notulae Scientia Biologicae is a quarterly peer-reviewed journal aimed at disseminating significant research and original papers, critical reviews and short reviews on life sciences and medicine, development of new methodologies that can be of interest to a wide audience of scientists in all areas of biological sciences. The journal encourages authors to frame their research questions and discuss their results in terms of the major questions of biology, agriculture, horticulture, forestry, biotechnology and medicine, thereby maximizing the impact, spreading and value of their research. The papers must be of potential interest to a significant number of scientists and, if specific to a local situation, must be relevant to a wide body of knowledge in life and medical sciences. Articles should make a significant contribution to the advancement of knowledge or toward a better understanding of existing biological, agricultural and medical concepts. An international Editorial Board advises the journal. The distribution of the material is encouraged with the condition that the authors and the source (Notulae Scientia Biologicae or abbreviated title Not Sci Biol) are mentioned.
Online ISSN 2067-3264
[Print ISSN 2067-3205: To reduce costs and environmental impact, since 2014 the journal is published only online]
- Radu E. SESTRAS, University of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine (UASVM), Cluj-Napoca, Romania
- Sorana D. BOLBOACĂ, University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Cluj-Napoca, Romania
- Oscar VICENTE, COMAV, Universidad Politécnica de Valencia, Valencia, Spain
Editors and contributors:
- Information about:
- PKP Preservation Network (PN) provides free preservation services for any OJS journal that meets a few basic criteria
- LOCKSS is enabled to store and distribute journal content at participating libraries via a LOCKSS Publisher Manifest page
- Journal platform and workflow
Open Journal Systems (OJS) is a journal management and publishing system that has been developed by the Public Knowledge Project (PKP) through its federally funded efforts to expand and improve access to research.
- Open Access Journal - the journal offers free, immediate, and unrestricted access to peer-reviewed research and scholarly work, due to SHST support to increase the visibility, accessibility and reputation of the researchers, regardless of geography and their budgets.
Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles, or use them for any other lawful purpose, without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author.
Published by: Horticulture and Forestry Society from Transylvania - SHST
Abstracted and/or indexed:
- Scopus (New!)
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)
- Elton B Stephens COmpany (EBSCO)
- Centre for Agriculture and Biosciences International (CABI)
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS)
- Ulrichs Periodicals Directory
- Russian Scientific and Technical Information Institute (VINITI)
- Bielefeld Academic Search Engine (BASE)
- British Library Direct (BLD)
- The European Library
- Genamics JournalSeek
- OCLC WorldCat
- Harvard Library
- UGC Approved List of Journal - India
- Information Matrix for the Analysis of Journals (MIAR) (ICDS = 9.6)
- Google Scholar (Google Scholar Metrics h5=10)
- Scilit (Compare journals: Ranking in 2020 1167/58060)
Notulae Scientia Biologicae - metrics
Notulae Scientia Biologicae is an open-access journal, which offers free, immediate, and unrestricted access to peer-reviewed research and scholarly work, due to SHST supports and the mission assumed "to increase the visibility, accessibility and reputation of the researchers, regardless of geography and their budgets". A remarkable fact is that throughout its publication, Notulae Scientia Biologicae journal attracted and involved in the work processes, corresponding to their level, many masters and doctoral students (starting with the requirements of word processing and references, etc.), some becoming researchers and scientists trained and educated in the spirit of seriousness and fairness, the diligence of research work, respect for fair and honest conduct, respect for ethics in research and scientific publications. In addition, the journal has supported and contributed to the scientific development of many young researchers in various life sciences domains around the world, providing them with scientific support and advice through editorial and peer review processes, as well as free publication and wide international visibility, in open access (OA) publishing model.
The editors-in-chief of Notulae Scientia Biologicae thank everyone for their volunteer work and especially express their gratitude to the invited reviewers who accept and work hard for no benefit, only for the benefit of the scientific community and our society, contributing to the reveal and relevance of new knowledge, the improvement of research and education, the formation of new scientific human resources in these areas essential for the progress of humanity and, finally, for increasing the quality of our lives.
Online ISSN 2067-3264